Sunday, February 3, 2013

This is for Aftin

I am so horrible at keeping up with this thing. 

I truly do love writing but I do find it difficult to sit down and write. With everything going on in my life....HAHA just kidding. More like, the lack there of.

Life is amazing right now. I seriously wonder if I did something amazing in a previous life to deserve what I have.
I am surrounded with amazing friends, a great coach, and wonderful team mates. Never mind my family.
My first race of the season is coming up and I am really quite excited to get back into race mode.
Haley and I managed to sneak out to the Kananaskis today for a session and Chris Mctaggart joined us as well. Which turned into a good time. Chris handed out some pointers which really helped keep my head in the game for the whole session. 

I think one of the reasons it was such a great session was I felt an immediate change in my fitness levels and overall comfort in the boat. 

I can't imagine a more positive space for me to be in at the moment. It seems like things are only going uphill with improvements which is a nice change. It is of course a constant battle to perform better and push harder each and every session. If it was easy though, everyone would do it.

Back to the first race though

I am eager to see what kind of gains I have truly made in comparison to everyone else in the Kayak field. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway I am suffering from severe writers block. I basically have only been training and going to my two classes. So it's all been pretty chill.


I hope everyone is holdin' up as good as I am!


A

No comments: