Saturday, December 22, 2012

Who knows what day it is

We survived the end of the Mayan calendar!
A few locals told us the real meaning of the end of this calendar. It actually means the end of an era. This previous era was filled with darkness but this new one starting today, is meant to be filled with greatness, and fruitfulness....whatever that means.

It's interesting think though. There has been some pretty dark and nasty things happening around the world these days. Although the world is a dark and scary place, it would be nice to see a spot of happy in the news these days.


Today the swell was about 8 feet and for sea sick Aj, it wasn't all that fun. I managed to keep all my stomach contents inside somehow which was nice. 
The coral here is much different than in Bonare. It isn't as large or colourful here, it does have quite large fish though.

You'll see what I mean when Mom posts some photos and when I finish my little project. 


I went for a run yesterday down to the local playground in the town square and no one was around so I decided to jump onto a bar and do some pull ups. 
I wasn't trying to get any attention of course but some kids came over to try some.

I told the smaller one to jump on my back. That was a mistake.

Next thing I knew I had about 6 or 7 kids lined up waiting for their turn to jump on.

After about 5 kids I was pretty worn out.
Remembering that I was hear to rest I quickly grabbed the last kid, threw her on my back, jammed out a couple pull ups, and ran away. They followed me for a little while but eventually shouted bye and returned to the playground.

It was pretty fun but my lats paid for it today. 

Anyway, I hope no one back home froze too much ;)


A




No comments: